skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ty and dad trotting on the horse...I love the view in the background!
Ty sitting on a calf after he was branded, castrated, and vaccinated....poor thing!
Ty loved all the big tires on the horse trailers that were there. He went around to every tire he could and had a ball!
Josh trying his hardest to rope a calf. He decided the he only rides bulls and doesn't rope them.
Dad holds onto Ty, Grandpa holds onto the calf, and when Ty was ready the WILD ride began!
My sister-in-law, Karen, brother-in-law, Jacob, me, the in-laws, Ty and daddy! What a fun day!
Last weekend we headed to Alamo to help Josh's dad brand the church's cattle! This seems to be a yearly thing and Josh really loves doing it. When he was Ty's age, his dad would take him and his twin brother and they would help brand their grandpa's cattle. It is a fond memory of his and I think that is why he enjoys it so much. This year it was especially fun because we had Ty with us. It is fun to go watch, but you definitely don't get use to the smell of burnt hair or the sound of the cattle moaning. Needless to say, the guys come home very smelly...like immediate shower! Ty got inside the pen and rode a little calf and loved it. I thought for sure he would be in tears, but he was all smiles! He also loved riding the horse with his dad. They trotted for awhile and I thought he might get scared, but I was wrong once again. As I was looking at these pictures I thought to myself...I really do live in a pretty place and felt so grateful for the beautiful creations our Heavenly Father has given us to enjoy!





Halloween was fun this year, but I think it will be even better next year when Ty is a little older and really understands what's going on. He was a sheriff this year and he looked so cute! I loved his cowboy hat, but he didn't like it at all, so we tried to snap some pictures before he tore it off...that was a little hard. We went to our wards trunk or treat and had hot dogs and chili. It was fun, but didn't last long as Ty was tired and ready for bed! Josh went as a tired working dad...hence the pajama bottoms.
3 comments:
So much fun!! I love being around livestock. I know that these days I don't really seem like I would be the type, but growing up my dad had horses and I had my own. I love to ride. I also showed pigs in FFA. I think you know that, but just in case you didn't. I think I am like Josh, I have fond memories of it and hope to someday let my kids do things like that if they want to. You are so lucky to have a place to do those things. Not much of that going on around here. It is mostly shopping and restaurants, but I like that too.
I also like to costume. You little sherrif is too cute!
Sheriff Ty is so cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. Halloween gets so much fun each year. Beau was so cute holding my hand as I took him around the neighborhood. He would say, "just one more..."
I still think it is funny the life you are living. I would have never imagined you living real country. Branding cows and all. I can already see Ty being just like Josh when he grows up. I'm sure it is fun to be able to experience all things you are able to do where you live. I never saw myself living in Paris either. It's funny how life just takes it's course.
Post a Comment