For the past two years we have gone to Monticello for Easter. It is a long drive, but the kids (including Josh) have a great time. We left the house at 4:30am thinking that the kids would do better and sleep longer. We were a little wrong. They did sleep, but not as long as we were hoping. We always stop in Richfield, Utah. They have a Wal-Mart there with lots of fun animals and it is the halfway mark of the trip. We got to the hotel about 2:00pm and unloaded all of our stuff and headed to Great Grandma Redd's (to the kids) house. She was happy to see us and very worried that the kids needed some toys to play with. I assured her that they were okay! The boys were wild and I am sure it was from being couped up in the truck for 8 hours. We talked and the kids played. Grandma Redd can't see or hear very well, so you have to talk VERY loud and then sometimes she still doesn't hear you. Devan and Darcy came over and we chatted with them and Josh harrassed them! What a fun cousin he is! They enjoyed stealing his hat from him the entire weekend! We were exhausted on Friday and went back to the hotel. It worked out great because Josh took Ty to go find some deer in the mountains and Taggy got a shower with mom. Then I put him down for bed and finished the rest of my shower. By the time I was done he was fast asleep...thank you! I made sure to call Josh and tell him to be very quiet when they came back because Tag was asleep. Ty was very cute when they came back to the room. He said, "Mom I be quiet Taggy's sleeping!" He did so good at using his quiet voice for the rest of the night! We made Ty a special bed by the door and he was excited to sleep in his special bed! The boys must have been tired because they fell right asleep and didn't fuss about it!
On Saturday we met at Grandma's house and Uncle Reagan and Megan were there. They came all the way from South Dakota and Colorado! We were excited to see them because we haven't seen them for probably at least a couple of years! We use to go to Lake Powell with them every summer, but now Josh uses his vacation time for his hunting! I miss going to Lake Powell and hope to be able to talk him into going this summer! We sat around for awhile and then headed off to the rock! This is where all the family meets for Easter Egg Hunts, food, shooting all sorts of crazy gun, 4-wheeling, repelling, and anything else you can imagine. We were all a little disappointed because it was snowing when we woke up, then it rained, hailed, snowed, and hailed some more. I decided to go repelling and right when I got to the top it started hailing so hard! I decided to climb down and forgo the repelling. It was so cold that I had to sit in the church to get warm. They made a cave in the rock and had a fire, but I still couldn't get warm. We shot clay pigeons for awhile and that was fun. Then Uncle Reagan brought out the big guns and I couldn't pull Josh away from them. He played while I watched the kids...I wasn't too happy about that! We took the boys down to feed a baby calf some milk and they both enjoyed that. He name was "Mini" and she was so cute! Ty liked her, but Tag didn't want to be close to her. He would let mom know when I was getting too close! I have never had a baby calf suck on my fingers, but it was really neat!
After our day at the rock, we went to the hotel and took the boys swimming. We realized that Ty is not afraid of the water, which scares me to death. He would jump in and I would pull him up from the water and he would just laugh and think it was so funny! I guess this summer we will have to work really hard at teaching him to swim. Taggy wasn't so sure about the water at first, but then we couldn't keep him out of it. I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the night and so ready for bed! To get Ty excited about going to bed I told him the Easter Bunny wouldn't come until he was asleep. That did the trick. In the morning he was so excited about his Easter basket and all the chocolat he saw. The boys had a great Easter and loved all the candy they got.
Sunday morning we packed the truck and said our goodbyes and were on our way back home! The ride home was much better because the boys slept for half of it. We had a great Easter, but were glad to be home in the warm weather.
I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but my card filled up, so I only got these few! When will I learn? At least I had our movie camera there too!!
3 comments:
sounds like such a fun weekend! that's nice you got to stay in a hotel and that the boys slept so well! I love that you and Ty call Tag Taggy! how cute!
I wish we could have been there! It's just not Easter without Jail Rock!
Thanks for the nice comment the other day! I'm glad you had fun at Bunko. And I'm so glad you are in our group!! You are a blast. Love ya girl!
Post a Comment